Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Inn at Dos Brisas in Washington, Texas, provides a serene, relaxing setting and personal service. We’ve highlighted five of the best amenities at this luxury resort:
1. Fantastic fare. After making the drive from Austin or Houston, you’re bound to be hungry and lucky you, you’ve just arrived at a foodie destination. The Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel offers complimentary breakfast and lunch on the following day of your stay, and while dinner isn’t included, a visit to the restaurant for the multi-course tasting menu is alone worth a trip to the property. Handpicked herbs and vegetables from the ranch’s organic farm lay the groundwork for the modern, inventive cuisine. Breakfast includes fresh fruits, yogurt, meats, cheese and fresh baked goods. Lunch might be something such as a deconstructed burger, brisket sandwich with pomme frites and fried pickles, Maine lobster soufflé and a luscious cherry chocolate and marshmallow dessert.
2. Warm welcome. Nothing says hello better than a glass of bubbly — except a bottle of bubbly, of course. After your tour of the 300-acre resort, you’ll have time to relax in your luxurious casita-style guest room where you’ll find a complimentary bottle of champagne and a cheese and charcuterie tray upon arrival.
3. Drinks and dessert. Your casita or hacienda is armed with a wet bar, which comes with a mini fridge that’s filled with creamer and simple syrup for your coffee, sodas and water. You’ll also receive freshly baked cookies at turndown.
4. Abundance of activities. The Inn at Dos Brisas offers plenty of complimentary perks. Ride the resort’s mountain bikes through paths lining the sprawling 300-acre resort, or make use of their fishing equipment and try your hand at fly fishing in the creek. The rural night sky is devoid of any big city lights; check out the stars with the Dos Brisas telescope. Or, if weather keeps you indoors, borrow a DVD to watch or play a board game to pass the time. Complimentary Wi-Fi means the world’s distractions are only ever a click away.
5. Cart around on property. Many big luxury hotels offer the use of a car; at The Inn at Dos Brisas, you won’t need one. Instead, the staff here valets your car and trades it in for a cream-colored golf cart embellished with the Dos Brisas horse logo. Use the cart to explore every inch of the 300-acre resort.