Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Inn at Dos Brisas is more romantic and foodie than kid approved. However, if you’re planning on bringing the kids along, there are a few activities that younger folk might enjoy. Here are the five best amenities for kids:
1. The horseback riding. As you cruise down the tree-lined drive entering the property, you’ll see some of their horses roaming the pastures. Schedule a riding lesson for you and your kids or take a horse drawn carriage ride.
2. The pool. Both adults and kids can enjoy a dip in the infinity pool. You won’t find a slide but the pool offers a great way to cool off from the hot Texas sun. (Note: The pool isn’t staffed.)
3. The outdoor activities. In addition to horseback riding, there are plenty of other outdoor activities to keep your kids busy on this 300-acre ranch. Mountain bikes are available to cruise the pathways around the resort and fly-fishing lessons are available for any budding angler.
4. Games. If the horseback riding, mountain biking and fishing tucker your kids out, head indoors for a few hours of chill time in your casita. Kids can play a variety of board games, available at the front desk, or cards, placed in the writing desk in every room of the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel. The flat-screen TV also offers hundreds of channels and you can borrow DVDs.
5. The treats. For an evening treat, the kitchen will be happy to set aside the makings for s’mores, including moving a “fireplace” to your patio. Just be sure to save some room for the warm cookies and chilled milk often included with turndown service.