Answers from Our Experts (1)
If you’re planning on dining at Olivette inside The Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa, here are five things you should know:
1. The menu abounds with seafood and meat. If you’re a vegetarian, you won’t find many options on the entrée list that will be suitable for you, although there is a Portobello mushroom dish with gnocchi that will work. But you might want to order a few items off the appetizer portion of the menu, which features various salads and soup.
2. Olivette has a sophisticated and elegant setting. With Olivette’s exquisite ambiance, it’s best to bring kids here for breakfast or lunch as dinner is more focused on adults. Of course, the Forbes Travel Guide Recommended restaurant accommodates children but if you prefer a more secluded spot, there are certainly tables that can give you additional space and privacy so you’re not the center of attention.
3. No amuse bouche or mignardises. When we visited, we did not start the meal with an amuse bouche or end with mignardises. If you love getting these treats when dining out, you most likely won’t get them here, although we may just not have received them the night we ate there.
4. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Olivette serves all three daily meals here and each one features delightful options. If you don’t want to leave the luxury Houston resort, you’ll find delicious items on the menu to keep you energized during your stay.
5. Make a reservation. Although you’ll be able to make reservations upon arriving at the hotel, we recommend making them in advance especially if you’re dining with a larger party. Being a resort restaurant, it can get busy and you don’t want to miss out on dining here during your stay.