Answers from Our Experts (1)
Olivette inside The Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa features a dinner menu filled with American dishes infused with Mediterranean flare. It will be hard to narrow down what you want to order, and of course, your server can help with that. But here’s our list of the five best things to eat and drink during your visit:
1. Black forest cake. We’ll start with dessert — this one is deliciously rich with valrhona ivoire whipped ganache and amarena cherries. If you like chocolate, you’ll love this.
2. Risotto. This creamy and satisfying dish is a perfect starter to enjoy all on your own or share with others. It has carnaroli, champagne, scallions and foraged mushrooms flavoring it.
3. Roasted beet salad. Beet salads have been popping up on more and more menus all over. The roasted beet salad at this Forbes Travel Guide Recommended restaurant comes with picked baby radishes, blue cheese, pistachios and a maple-like dressing.
4. Liberty Farms duck. This delicious dish features crisp-on-the-outside but tender on the inside duck, served with quince, dried apricot, arugula, red quinoa and a date sauce that gives you a bit of the salty and sweet in one.
5. Filet of beef. You can’t go wrong with a filet and this one is served with some tasty ingredients, which include white cheddar potato puree, spinach and smoked bacon-cipollini jam.