Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Inn at Dos Brisas restaurant is a very unique eatery in many ways. Don’t know much about this foodie destination? Here are the five things to know:
1. Dinner is the draw. People travel from far and wide to dine at this restaurant, and locals often chopper in from Houston just for dinner (it’s Texas after all). The restaurant is located near the small town of Washington, Texas. It draws in a lot of denizens from Houston — it’s a little more than an hour drive from both Houston and Austin. We highly recommend a stay at the property — the inn’s new haciendas are incredibly comfortable and spacious, and foodies will love indulging in the fantastic cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
2. It’s Up Close and Personal. This is an intimate space, and we mean intimate. There are only seven tables. The entire dining room seats about 12 people in total. The highly personal setting enhances the whole experience at this Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star restaurant (the only one in Texas), where the mouthwatering fare and excellent wines make for a rare culinary indulgence.
3. The Fare is Farm Fresh. The food is as fresh as possible. The 300-acre ranch features a USDA-certified organic farm, 7,000-square-foot greenhouse, berry patch, herb garden and orchard. It’s the very definition of farm to table. Chef Raj Dixit uses the bounty to create his inventive tasting menus.
4. It’s an Oenophile’s Dream. The luxury Texas restaurant has a massive wine collection. The cellar features more than 7,000 bottles and includes several rare vintages, including Latour and Leroy.
5. What to Wear. Gentleman might want to don a jacket and ladies will want to wear similarly dressy attire. A jacket-required rule is not enforced but you will see your fair share of gentleman in jackets at dinner so you might feel underdressed if you’re on the more casual side. Lunch and brunch is obviously less formal but it’s not the type of place you want to visit wearing flip-flops and a tank top.