Art-inspired ambiance in Indianapolis
247 Rooms / 27 Suites
Cozy comforts and modern masterpieces mingle at Conrad Indianapolis. Art infuses a stay at the hotel, from the lobby’s Long-Sharp Gallery, which displays rotating exhibitions of work by modern masters, to the 18th-floor Gallery Suite, whose walls boast original Warhol and Picasso pieces.
A 2016 renovation introduced a familiar feel to the 23-story hotel’s living-room-like lobby, an elegant entryway dressed in work by rotating monthly artists. The intimate space is bookended by deluxe dining on either side, from the Tastings wine bar to steak-and-seafood specialist The Capital Grille.
The centrally located Conrad is less than a five-minute walk from cultural attractions like the Indiana Repertory Theatre and the Hilbert Circle Theatre, but the hotel’s alluring amenities, from a sumptuous salon to the sunlit sixth-floor indoor infinity pool, may mean you struggle to step out your front door.
Our Inspector’s Highlights
• Museum-quality marvels by art world visionaries such as local legend Robert Indiana grace the Long-Sharp Gallery, named one of the 500 top art galleries in the world by Modern Painters magazine in 2015 and 2016.
• While the Warhol-walled presidential Gallery Suite is the Conrad’s largest, the standouts are the hotel’s four art-inspired accommodations, accessible by a private lobby. Dubbed The Collection, the posh pads come in several varieties (pop, modern, contemporary and surrealism) all with personalized touches like the Pop Suite’s newspaper-print bedroom wall, Indiana limestone fireplace and private media library.
• Tastings wine bar stocks more than 200 vintages from all over the world, available by the sip, glass or bottle. You can enjoy unlimited samples here, but the true gem is the mixology-minded bartender who can whip up a customized drink on the spot.
• A 15,000-square-foot ballroom boasts dazzling sphere-studded chandeliers modeled after the Met Opera’s famous fixtures.
Things to Know
• An elevated skywalk connects the Indianapolis hotel to hundreds of downtown destinations, such as Circle Centre Mall and the Indiana Convention Center, ensuring easy access to retail therapy, rain or shine.
• Customize your stay prior to arrival via the Hilton Honors app. Whether it’s vegan shampoo or extra towels, the digital concierge is adept at handling special requests.
• From the Friday after Thanksgiving through early January, request a room facing Monument Circle to take in a view of the city's famous Circle of Lights. The Soldiers and Sailors Monument’s annual transformation into a 284-foot-tall Christmas tree illuminated by nearly 5,000 lights is not to be missed.
• Aside from world-class art, The Collection suites also come with furnishings from renowned designers like Eero Saarinen, Jonathan Adler and Philippe Starck.
• Understated, classic guest rooms have a coffee and cream color palette and tech amenities like a 42-inch LED television and a TV in the bathroom.
• Modish minibars feature local libations from downtown distilleries such as Virginia Avenue’s Hotel Tango.
• A complimentary pillow menu allows you to select your sleeping style of choice, whether it's an extra-firm fiber foam selection or a water pillow.
• For meeting-minded travelers, the luxury hotel's corner suites offer the option to close off the bedroom from the bathroom to create an impromptu boardroom. These accommodations also have elevated perks, like Bose sound systems.
• Portraits of local luminaries adorn the 5,000-square-foot Capital Grille’s walls, but the lobby restaurant serves far-flung cuisine, from succulent dry-aged New York strip steaks to a delicate lobster mac and cheese. For early risers, the breakfast menu also boasts an impressive eggs Benedict with a Maine lobster tail and hollandaise.
• At Tastings wine bar, a refillable card grants access to self-serve samples of rosé, white or sparkling sips from around the globe. Order a charcuterie or cheese plate and head for the patio — a prime people-watching spot on one of downtown Indy’s busiest streets.
• Don’t miss The Capital Grille’s signature Stoli Doli martini— Stolichnaya Vodka is infused with fresh pineapple and served straight up.