Answers from Our Experts (1)
To make the most of your stay at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole, you should pack a few important things. Keep in mind that if you forget something though, the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel’s staff can either get it for you or direct you to where you can find just what you need. That being said, here are five things you should make sure are in your suitcase:
1. Layers. Even in summer, temperatures in Jackson Hole can fluctuate wildly, dipping down to close to freezing at night, while the days can get up to 90 F. In winter, days can get to be many, many degrees below zero or get up as high as freezing (32 F). The more layers you have, the better you can deal with these changes in temperature.
2. Sunscreen. High altitude rays are harsh year round. Whether you are on the slopes or basking on the pool deck, that mountain sun is strong. The rays reflect off the snow, making it a zillion times stronger. We’ve seen people get sunburned even on cloudy days.
3. iPod. Your room has a docking station; what better way to feel at home then by grooving to your own tunes? You can also bop to your music as you make your way through the trails on the mountain. Hiking or skiing, it’s always nice to have some music to keep you in the mood.
4. Ski boots. Jackson Hole is full of ski shops and professionals that can help make even the most uncomfortable ski boots feel better. Take advantage of the Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole’s knowledgeable ski concierges and have them direct you and your boots to a fitting professional.
5. Water bottle. Drinking lots of water is one of the best things you can do to get used to the Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole’s elevation of over 6,400 feet. If you’ve got your own bottle with you at all times, you’re more likely to actually drink the water in it.