Answers from Our Experts (1)
Kauai offers a variety of places to stay, from high-end resorts to boutique hotels. Here are Forbes Travel Guide’s picks for the five best places to stay on the island.
1. The St. Regis Resort Princeville. If you’re looking for a luxurious retreat, consider this Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star resort on the exclusive North Shore of Kauai. The recently renovated resort spans 9,000 acres and has spacious guest rooms and suites, stellar dining, a world-class spa and the renowned Makai Golf Club Course. This resort overlooks Hanalei Bay and is close enough to horseback riding, kayaking, surf, hiking trails and other outdoor adventures.
2. Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa. Stay somewhere close to the action at Forbes Travel Guide Recommended Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa, a full-service resort with 602 newly upgraded guest rooms, 11 dining options, a nearly 2-acre saltwater swimming lagoon that you can kayak in, three tennis courts, a 45,000-square-foot health and fitness spa, and an 18-hole golf course that has hosted the PGA Grand Slam.
3. Wyndham Koloa Landing at Poipu Beach. Couples that want space and families that need a little extra room should check out the Wyndham Koloa Landing at Poipu Beach, a resort set on 25 lush acres, just a short walk from the inviting waters of Poipu Beach. There are 85 spacious suites — with one-, two-, three- and four-bedroom options — complete with huge lanais, floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors, gourmet kitchens and luxurious bathrooms.
4. Pure Kauai. This option gives you the choice to customize your Hawaiian experience — whether you’re looking for a one-bedroom condo or a large house on five acres of land. Once you arrive at your chosen abode, the Pure Kauai staff will act as your personal concierge. It’s no wonder celebrities like Jennifer Garner and Matt Damon use the service when they come to the island.
5. Koa Kea Hotel & Resort. Opened in 2009, this 121-room boutique hotel is located on Kauai’s sunniest shore. It features stylishly decorated guest rooms and suites with thoughtful touches like Nespresso coffee machines, a luxurious spa that focuses on natural and indigenous ingredients, and Red Salt restaurant, which serves upscale seafood served in a striking, sparkling white-washed dining room.