A luxury casino-resort outside Las Vegas
414 Rooms / 81 Suites
Those looking for a pleasant respite from the frenetic pace of Sin City should head out east from the epicenter of Las Vegas into the quaint suburb of Henderson and check in to Green Valley Ranch Resort Spa and Casino. The suburban resort recently completed a $20 million renovation, adding new restaurants as well as hotel lobby and guest room enhancements.
The welcoming Tuscan-inspired property is divided into both casino and hotel sides, so you can decide exactly what kind of experience you want to have. Inside find a multiplex movie theater, numerous restaurants ranging from fine dining to poolside dining, a lavish spa and countless other entertainment options, such as a Kids Quest fun zone.
Outside, discover the adjacent District at Green Valley Ranch shopping esplanade with many enticing stores and eateries. It also hosts regular events like movies under the stars and a summer concert series for some laid-back fun in the desert sun.
Our Inspector’s Highlights
• Green Valley Ranch recently renovated its hotel lobby, transforming the space into a freshly modern environment with light furnishings and pillars encased in colored Lucite.
• Popular with meetings, conventions and special groups year-round, Green Valley Ranch is situated 15 minutes from the Strip and maintains a high-level of energy without the Vegas crowds.
• The hotel and the casino are comfortably separate so it is possible to have both a restful and equally fun time.
• Treat yourself to a high-rolling happy hour at local favorite Hank’s Fine Steaks & Martinis, featuring gourmet appetizers ranging from crispy chicken and biscuits to braised beef rib and a menu of more than 100 martinis.
• Take a break from the hustle and bustle of the casino floor with a luxurious treatment at Green Valley Ranch Spa. Indulge in one of the luscious body scrubs, like the Mandarin Orange and Walnut, perfect for rejuvenating dry skin.
Things to Know
• For three years, the casino of the Henderson hotel was the star of its own reality show, American Casino, which followed executives around the property and gave a glimpse behind the scenes.
• There is a new lobby bar facing the pool that becomes a lively center of resort action every afternoon and evening.
• The lobby also features a coffee bar as well as a newly added VIP services center that acts as your personal concierge service to explore the beauty and excitement of Las Vegas.
• Wind down with the resort’s adults-only Silent Savasana class. Participants in the unique monthly yoga class don special headphones that play soothing music and recite instruction for a deeply personal (and quiet) session.
• All the 495 rooms have been recently renovated and are some of the largest in Las Vegas, with the standard offering measuring around 500 square feet and stocked with in-room martini bars.
• Bathrooms are ornately tiled and spacious, featuring a roomy garden tub with a separate shower, lighted vanity mirror and plush cotton robes perfect for lounging around.
• Most accommodations face the lush pool oasis, decorated with palm trees, a vineyard and a sandy beach. Others face the Strip with a view of the skyline in the distance.
• Eighty luxury suites come in 10 styles and extend up to 4,000 square feet for the Penthouse. One of the most popular is the Executive Suite, which measures 715 square feet and offers a bedroom, a small sitting area and an additional balcony.
• No Las Vegas casino would be complete without a steakhouse and Hank’s Fine Steaks & Martinis has been a favorite of both guests and locals for more than a decade, serving up the desert’s finest surf and turf.
• The newest addition to the dining scene at the luxury hotel is Bottiglia Cucina & Enoteca. The expansive, open dining room and kitchen serves Italian fare, such as pan-roasted halibut with farro risotto and zucchini flowers with lemon ricotta. The stylish restaurant also features a robust international wine list.
• Sister restaurant to Bottigila, Borracha takes Mexican food to the next level with burritos, tacos and innovative sharable plates. Don’t miss the incredible pointillist murals as you sip your cold cerveza or margarita.
• Get a true taste of a California original at Pizza Rock, an eatery from 11-time World Pizza Champion Tony Gemignani. The crown jewel here is the wood-fired, brick-oven-made margherita pizza — only 73 are made per day. The charred crust is a delectable vessel for San Marzano tomato sauce, Fior di Latte mozzarella, fresh basil and sea salt.