Answers from Our Experts (1)
Even though the bustling Las Vegas Strip is just footsteps away, there are plenty of reasons not to leave Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas. Here’s the lowdown on the best amenities at the 47-story luxury hotel:
1. The pool. Beat the Las Vegas heat in one of the two outdoor lap pools. Don’t worry about any UV damage from soaking up the rays: The staff is equipped with plenty of sunscreen. When you’ve treaded water for too long, you can unwind in one of the 20 private cabanas and curb your hunger at the Pool Café.
2. The Spa at Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas. By combining Eastern methodologies with Western application, the Spa becomes a rejuvenation haven amid Sin City’s wild environment. With 17 treatment rooms — 10 single suites and 7 couples suites — you can indulge in and reward yourself with unique treatments, including body massages and wraps, foot and facial treatments and thermal experiences.
3. Twist by Peter Gagnaire: At French chef Pierre Gagnaire’s only U.S. restaurant, your senses will be pleasantly surprised — Gagnaire breaks convention, putting a quite literal modern “twist” on traditional flavors and experimenting with temperature and texture.
4. Mandarin Bar. The bar’s modern style and inventive cocktails define Las Vegas chic. The full bar menu includes concoctions like the Champagne Mojito, which mixes Appleton Estate, simple syrup, fresh lime juice, mint leaves, Domaine de Canton, dashes of Angostura bitters and sparkling wine.
5. Tea Lounge. While this may not be the first drink that comes to mind when you think of Las Vegas, the Tea Lounge is one of the great amenities that make the hotel unique. Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas adopts an afternoon tea-time ritual from 2:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. where you can take a moment to sip an herbal booster, glance out at the setting sun over the city and prepare for the night’s festivities ahead.