Answers from Our Experts (1)
You don’t have to leave Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas to enjoy a delicious meal while you gaze out of floor-to-ceiling windows. Every restaurant, bar and lounge at the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel serves a full menu of exquisite and creative fare. Here are the best things to eat and drink at Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas:
1. Zezette Broth. Twist’s executive chef, Pierre Gangnaire, is known for his imaginative menus. The name of his restaurant at Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas describes the cuisine accurately, as he serves French food with a modern molecular twist. Try the complex Zezette Broth, which is a mushroom and coconut soup with chicken chiffonade and vegetable gnocchi floating in the fragrant broth. On the side, you’ll find a tangy cod cake, Bloody Mary sorbet and ratatouille bavaroise.
2. Salt and Sugar Roasted Pork Belly. The Mandarin Bar is the perfect place to sip a classic martini or a creative cocktail featuring seasonal ingredients and fine spirits. But it also boasts a delectable bar menu with tempting sandwiches. Our favorite is the salt and sugar roasted pork belly on a Hawaiian sweet bun with hoisin BBQ sauce and tangy Napa cabbage slaw.
3. Grilled salmon “Niçoise” salad. A hearty salad makes for a satisfying and fresh poolside lunch. An updated take on the classic tuna Niçoise is served at the Pool Café. It features grilled Atlantic salmon fillet, garden greens, haricot verts, blanched fingerling potatoes, Kalamata olives, roasted tomatoes, shaved beets and a drizzle of red wine vinaigrette.
4. Indian Discovery. The pan-Asian MOzen Bistro doesn’t stick to one country’s inspiration. Aside from all the wonderful Asian cuisine, we recommend the Indian Discovery, which is a selection of authentically prepared curries and delicacies cooked in their tandoor oven.
5. Dessert Bento. Generally, Bento Boxes are filled with savory fare like meat, vegetables and rice. But at the Tea Lounge, this Asian tradition gets a sweet makeover. The Dessert Bento comes with chocolate layer cake, almond flourless chocolate cake and a selection of two cupcakes perfect for sharing.