A state-of-the-art desert oasis in Vegas
797 Rooms / 82 Suites
Just 10 miles off the Las Vegas Strip, Red Rock Casino Resort Spa may as well be a world away. Opened in 2006 as the first billion-dollar luxury resort off the Strip, Red Rock stands out from the typical hotel/casino setup, incorporating natural light throughout and taking design cues from its environment and close proximity to the natural wonder of Red Rock Canyon.
The resort recently completed a $35 million renovation that introduced new restaurants, suites and a redesigned spa and salon by Well & Being, offering a world of entertainment, even for those who choose not to gamble.
The 796-room resort also offers amenities not typically found in the casino environment, courtesy of Red Rock Adventures. Booked through the concierge, this program features customized expeditions such as kayaking, rock climbing and mountain biking for those looking for some time away from the slots.
Our Inspector’s Highlights
• A unique amenity done Vegas-style, Red Rock Lanes is the resort’s massive luxury bowling alley that transforms into a party when the sun goes down with glow-in-the-dark lighting effects, strobes and disco balls. For the super VIP experience, there is a 12-lane private suite that is decked out just like a nightclub.
• The star accommodation is the 180 Suite, named for the panoramic views of Las Vegas and Red Rock Canyon that it provides on three sides. The suite features a 90-inch television inside, while outdoors there’s a jumbo circular sofa, Jacuzzi, bar and a dining table.
• Inside, the crown jewel of relaxation is the spa. Part of the Well & Being spa network, Red Rock’s treatment menu features personalized journeys focused on wellness and showcasing the exclusive Dr. Lancer line in both body and facial services.
• The resort’s massive pool complex is an oasis for any occasion, boasting 19 private cabanas, poolside blackjack tables, full food and beverage service, six wading pools and an adults-only Cabana Club for some peace and quiet.
• More than a dozen culinary offerings, ranging from walk-up to gourmet give myriad options when deciding where to feast. Modern Mexican at Libre, coastal Italian at Salute and wood-fired home cooking at Hearthstone are only a small sampling of the delicacies that await.
Things to Know
• The luxury hotel is popular year-round with meeting and convention groups that are looking for a break from the big Strip casino/resort atmosphere. On the weekends, the casino and restaurants are also popular with locals.
• Just outside Red Rock's doors, you’ll find the outdoor shopping megaplex Downtown Summerlin, which provides many local and nationally known restaurants as well as a collection of flagship retailers.
• Download the Station Mobile app to make hotel and restaurant reservations, access property information, find offers and discounts and join the Boarding Pass Guest Rewards Program to earn and redeem points on slots, dining, entertainment and hotel rooms.
• In the casino, the focus is on technology with more than 3,000 slot and video poker machines, 60 table games and a state-of-the-art race and sports book with a 96-foot video wall and 4K LED screens.
• Red Rock carries an incredible assortment of accommodations, starting with the standard at 500 square feet, the biggest in class, and extending all the way up to seven Peter Bentel-designed penthouse suites — the largest of which is 7,500 square feet.
• In addition to the penthouse accommodations, there are four other styles of suite: signature, luxury, presidential and villa/grand villa. Each has its own charm, from full kitchens and massive patios to entertainment and media enclaves as well as circular his/her showers.
• The design of the rooms mimics the surrounding desert, featuring a color palette of deep browns and greens with orange accents and white and gray marble in the bathrooms.
• For the ultimate in sleeping comfort, the beds at this Las Vegas hotel feature plush down duvets and pillows as well as ultra-soft, 320-thread-count Egyptian cotton linens that feel like absolute heaven.
• Standard rooms feature voiceover Internet protocol phones, a 42-inch plasma television, an iHome clock, robes and a 15-inch LCD television in the bathroom.
• T-Bones Chophouse offers USDA prime dry-aged steaks and remarkably fresh seafood, flown in fresh daily, in an upscale steakhouse environment, complete with white tablecloths and a roaring fireplace. Don’t miss happy hour on the patio from 4 to 7 p.m. daily featuring half-price martinis.
• In true Vegas fashion, the resort serves an international buffet for breakfast, lunch, dinner and brunch with live cooking stations and, of course, a decadent dessert bar. Hot tip: Boarding Pass members receive a discount at Feast Buffet, even for Sunday brunch.
• There are several international choices to satisfy almost any craving, from American specialties like lobster rolls and deviled eggs at Hearthstone, to sizzling fajitas at Libre, handcrafted pastas at Salute or bao and authentic ramen at 8 Noodle Bar.
• Whether you’re looking to listen to live music, sip a martini in an elegant environment or just enjoy a beer and catch the game, Red Rock has 11 different bars and lounges to wet your whistle, no matter your mood.