Answers from Our Experts (1)
With an extensive, 24-hour in-room dining menu and access to fine and specialty dining at MGM Grand Hotel & Casino, Skylofts at MGM Grand offers you a trove of great options for eating and drinking. To make the selection easier, we’ve rounded up our favorite things to eat and drink at the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel:
1. The Skylofts signature cocktail. At night, the cool blue Skylofts lobby transforms into a modern lounge with candles and an upscale liquor cart. We like the hotel’s $15 signature cocktail, known as the Sky Drop. It features a mix of Ketel One Citron, Cointreau, sweet and sour and champagne — a tangy, bubbly concoction that matches perfectly with the cool atmosphere.
2. Room service from MGM Grand restaurants. When you stay at Skylofts you can order room service from several of its best restaurants, including Craftsteak (American), FiAmma (Italian), Pearl (Chinese) and Shibuya (Japanese). It takes a bit longer for your food to arrive, but it’s worth the wait and a great option if you’re looking to do something special. (The amazing views through the floor-to-ceiling windows in your loft sort of call for that.)
3. Regular room service. Room service isn’t always the best, but it’s good here. Often very good. You’ll find things on the menu such as roasted salmon in a 50-year-old sherry with bacon and wilted greens, langoustine ravioli with shellfish pomodoro and braised beef short rib with caramelized root vegetables and soft polenta. Three very good choices.
4. The “house” cocktail. The use of the word house here is a bit ironic because in no way are you getting the cheap stuff, and you’re a far cry from paying 5 bucks for it. The $100 house cocktail, the Dom St-Germain, blends Dom Pérignon champagne with St-Germain lychee liqueur for what is admittedly a very good cocktail, if money’s no object. Only in Las Vegas.
5. The comfort desserts. There’s a creamy chocolate passion fruit mousse with mango compote or a chocolate orange crème brûlée. Both are lovely. Or you can be done with it and order the milk and cookies — who cares if you’re a single dude traveling alone on business. No one’s judging.