Answers from Our Experts (1)
With more than 35 restaurants of all varieties and food specialties among them, The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino and sister hotel, the Palazzo, have something for everyone. With that in mind, here’s our list of the five best things to eat and drink at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Venetian:
1. Breakfast at Bouchon. What better place to have the most important meal of the day than at a French bistro? The Thomas Keller-owned restaurant serves a variety of terrific sweet and savory options, though we recommend the cheese Danish and the quiche du jour.
2. Grilled octopus. It may not be for everyone, but we think it’s worth stepping out of your comfort zone to try something new. The octopus comes with “Fagioli Marinati” and spicy limoncello vinaigrette. Octopus is a difficult dish to do right, and B&B does it perfectly.
3. The Black Pearl. You won’t find a curse or Captain Jack Sparrow at TAO, but the Black Pearl cocktail will make you come back for sequels. A skewered blackberry sits in your drink, which is fruity without being too sweet.
4. Pizza at Postrio. You pretty much can’t go wrong with a wood-oven fired pizza, and Postrio is no exception. Try the prosciutto, kalamata olive, oven-dried tomato, basil pesto and goat cheese pizza for a real taste of the Mediterranean.
5. John Dory. It’s a fish, not a person, and the signature dish at AquaKnox is simply delicious. It’s not always on the menu — as the fish can be hard to get fresh at a decent price — but if it’s available when you’re there, you two need to be introduced. It’s served with Maine lobster succotash and sweet corn broth.