Answers from Our Experts (1)
Las Vegas is the ultimate adult playground, but Vdara Hotel & Spa can help you find plenty of kid-friendly amenities and activities. Here are the five best:
1. The concierge staff at the Las Vegas hotel can arrange a trip for the whole family to see the Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay Hotel & Casino. As the country’s sole predator-based aquarium and exhibit, the attraction puts your kids in face-to-face proximity with more than 2,000 animals in 1.6 million gallons of seawater. Children ages 5 to 12 are granted admission for $12, while children under 4 get in for free.
2. Kids 54 inches and taller will go for the ride of their lives aboard the roller coaster at Las Vegas’ famed New York New York Hotel & Casino. Opt for the “Family Fun Flight for Four” for $60, which includes four tickets and two 5x7 photos.
3. Amid the sea of bars and swank lounges on the Las Vegas Strip is the Mirage Las Vegas, home to The Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat. This family-friendly spot is the place to see leopards, tigers, panthers and dolphins. Tickets to The Dolphin Habitat go for $14.95 for kids and $19.95 for adults; children under age 3 are admitted for free.
4. Located just a 15-minute drive from the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel is the Lied Discovery Children’s Museum (LDCM). Open Tuesday to Sunday, the ultra-interactive museum is a destination the whole family can enjoy, offering more than 23,000 square feet of hands-on activity in science, art and humanities. Tickets to the LDCM are $9.50 for adults and $8.50 for kids.
5. Stationed at several resorts throughout Sin City is the famous Sugar Factory, the ultimate destination to cure even the most intense sweet tooth. Kids will love filling up on their favorite candies and gifts, but Sugar Factory is also a favorite of many celebrities, including the Kardashian family.