Answers from Our Experts (1)
Allegro is a fine dining Italian experience on the Las Vegas Strip inside the chic, popular and star-packed Wynn Las Vegas. The restaurant is mere footsteps off the vibrant and always exciting casino floor. Here are five things Forbes Travel Guide editors think you should know about it:
1. You will be delighted by chef Enzo Febbraro, a larger-than-life presence literally (he’s tall, bald and quite commanding in a fun, welcoming way) and the way he greets diners with charm and humor while getting feedback from them and asking about special needs. Here is a chef who doesn’t hide out, but steps out of the kitchen to explain his menu of classic Italian favorites.
2. You can also watch your own personal version of Top Chef with only the most capable team at work because the restaurant features an open kitchen where chef Febbraro rallies the troops and keeps things running smoothly. It’s a meal and a show.
3. Although this is an Italian restaurant, its traditional menu will leave you satisfied, but not feeling heavy like you need a nice long nap. The chef’s philosophy is to limit the butter and cream and serve well-thought-out portions.
4. For diners who aren’t looking for a large meal, the expansive appetizer menu including housemade pizzas, bruschetta, baked clams, beef carpaccio and ravioli will satisfy. Larger groups can order some interesting specialty drinks and appetizers and then return to the casino fun. It’s a way to satisfy those who want fine dining with those who can’t wait for the next pull of the slots.
5. This restaurant has an upscale sparkle reminiscent of a New York Italian hot spot. This has quickly become a place to see interesting people and be seen in Las Vegas while enjoying gourmet Italian food from a chef who knows his stuff.