Answers from Our Experts (2)
The name alone, AquaKnox, tells you that you can expect fresh seafood at this Las Vegas restaurant. Though, it does offer more than just fruits of the sea. Here’s our list of the five best things to order at AquaKnox:
1. John Dory. Don’t feel bad if you don’t know who John Dory is; this fish from New Zealand isn’t always on the menu at AquaKnox, given the cost to get it fresh. But when the signature dish is on the menu, it melts in your mouth and comes with Maine lobster succotash and sweet corn broth.
2. Scallops. Shellfish lovers know that few things can beat a well-prepared scallop. These seared Maine scallops come with black truffle creamed corn and applewood smoked bacon polenta.
3. Fish soup. It might sound plain, but chef Tom Maloney’s signature soup is anything but average. Made with lobster, shrimp, wild halibut, mussel clams and a tomato-saffron broth, this dish gives you a tour de fish like few soups can.
4. Stuffed lobster. Herbed butter and truffle essence make the delicate roasted lobster even better.
5. Flourless chocolate cake. Served with vanilla ice cream and milk chocolate caramel, this rich dish will perfectly close out any seafood meal.
Here are our favorite dishes on our menu at AquaKnox:
Signature John Dory
Chef Moloney’s Fish Soup
Grilled Prawns with Israeli Couscous
Pan Seared Scallops
Prime Cut Filet Mignon cooked on our Mesquite Wood Grill