Answers from Our Experts (1)
A fine seafood, chops and steakhouse, Lakeside overlooks the fabulous Lake of Dreams at Wynn Las Vegas, the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel. Here are five things you need to know about this gourmet restaurant:
1. Lakeside is the perfect evening venue for romance. It’s nestled beside the Lake of Dreams, a 90-foot tall waterfall and shimmering pool surrounded by more than 2,000 lush trees. Light shows runs nightly on the half-hour from 7 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., the shows becoming more psychedelic as the night goes on. Crowd favorites include the singing frog, the flowers that open above the waterfall and sway to the music, and the ball “dance” (spoiler alert: a baby ball appears at the end of the scene). Chose a seat on the patio for best viewing. There are nine different creative shows, just perfect for starting out a romantic evening.
2. The wine manager and three sommeliers are on hand to help you find perfect pairing. The wine selection at Lakeside is an international collection of Old and New World wines designed to compliment the cuisine. Standouts include pinot noirs from Oregon and Northern California, Austrian white wines like Grüner Veltliner and French Champagnes and sparkling wines.
3. The executive pastry chef Kimberly Valdez creates a tempting Sweet Cart Named Desire, an actual dessert cart that’s rolled up to your table so you can choose among her delicious desserts that change frequently.
4. Lakeside is an enchanting place for group dining — in addition to serving gourmet food family style, the restaurant also has a private dining room seating 45 that overlooks the lake. The restaurant also has many large circular tables for smaller groups — there is no bad seat in this house.
5. The Oyster Happy Hour is one of the best-kept secrets on the Strip. The happy hours at the Lakeside bar and lounge runs from 5:30 to 7 p.m. daily. Choose from a variety of West Coast and East Coast oysters on a half shell for only $1.50 each (don’t miss “the perfect oyster,” the tiny and fresh-tasting Kumamoto). The bar menu that includes decadent baked oysters Rockefeller and spicy oyster shooters.