Answers from Our Experts (1)
At Lakeside, the high-end seafood restaurant at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Wynn Las Vegas, shellfish and lobster are the centerpieces. We recommend you order these five dishes if you want to taste the best of what Lakeside has to offer:
1. The tempura soft shell crab with chimichurri sauce and the tempura blossom filled with ricotta cheese make excellent starters. They’re secret off-the-menu dishes, but they’re available nightly.
2. Those who want a taste of the surf and turf on one plate, will be pleased with the chile-rubbed rib-eye steak and prime king crab duo. The spicy flavor of the steak contrasts perfectly with the sweet and buttery king crab. The peppers and broccolini served on the side complement the flavors of both meats.
3. You won’t be disappointed either with the banana leaf roasted sea bass. It’s sublimely juicy and fresh, arriving at your table covered with an annatto-orange marinade and papaya salad, all tucked beneath a round of sweet jasmine rice.
4. It’s easy to taste why the grilled octopus is one of the most popular dishes on the Lakeside menu. The perfectly cooked octopus is grilled, but still quite tender. It comes atop a white bean salad, with sherry vinegar and roast garlic aioli.
5. Dessert is a must-have at Lakeside and executive pastry chef Kimberly Valdez offers a wine variety of sweet creations to please any palate. Her dessert menu is divided into four categories: fruity (Forbes Travel Guide editors recommend the Raspberry Chocolate Decadence), nutty (Crunchy Peanut Fudge Bar), chocolaty (Champagne truffles rolled in Pop Rocks) and creamy (the decadent Butterscotch Pot de Crème).