Answers from Our Experts (1)
Las Vegas has become quite the culinary destination with many great restaurants like Sage, Shawn McClain’s temple to new American cooking. Here are five things you should know about the restaurant inside ARIA Resort & Casino:
1. The menu’s always changing. You’ll encounter an ever-evolving seasonal menu of New American cuisine that incorporates the best of the season’s fruit and vegetables. While many restaurants in Las Vegas are meat and potatoes all year round, the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant stands out for its farm-fresh fare.
2. Try some absinthe. The green fairy makes a night in Vegas all the more alluring, so why not have a glass after dinner? The restaurant features 11 absinthes from around the world, prepared using traditional fountains and balanciers or drippers.
3. There’s also a tasting menu. If you can’t make up your mind about what to order, opt for the Las Vegas restaurant’s tasting menu, which offers up some of the classics, like foie gras custard brûlée and scallops.
4. That art on the wall may seem familiar. They’re hand-painted murals by Paulin Pâris that offer reinterpretations of famous early modernist paintings such as Manet’s The Lunch on the Grass, located in the bar area and Renoir’s Luncheon of the Boating Party in the main dining room.
5. The chef is well known in Chicago. Sage is actually Shawn McClain’s first venture outside of Chicago, where he helms Green Zebra. The James Beard Award-wining chef opened Sage in 2009 and the Las Vegas restaurant mirrors many of the sustainable principles that govern Green Zebra.