Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Royal Horseguards Hotel offers a number of standout amenities, but our favorites at this luxury London hotel are the following:
1. The location. The luxury hotel’s central London location is one of the most coveted and prestigious addresses in the city. Many of London’s most famous tourist attractions are within walking distance of the hotel, including the London Eye, Big Ben and Parliament Square. Buckingham Palace, Saint Paul’s Cathedral, National Gallery, Southbank Centre, St. James’s Park, Hyde Park, Oxford Street and Harrods are convenient to the hotel, as well.
2. The concierge staff. Exceptional customer service is important at The Royal Horseguards Hotel. This luxury hotel is committed to providing its discerning guests with a customized experience. The concierge staff can assist guests with tickets and reservations to popular attractions and restaurants, and any other request a guest may have.
3. One Twenty One Two Restaurant. This restaurant serves an array of fine contemporary cuisine along with a superb wine list, beer and cocktails. Dishes include a slow-cooked North Atlantic halibut with spring greens and saffron cream sauce and hand-made pumpkin ravioli with braised leeks, pine nuts and cepes cream. This is the perfect spot for a bite or a drink before or after a theatrical performance — or for any special occasion.
4. Equus Bar. This newly refurbished bar has a gentlemen’s club feel to it and is styled with eclectic fabrics, red velvet chairs, and period oil paintings that pay tribute to the hotel’s rich history. The bar menu offers an extended selection of cocktails named after famous former guests including Winston Churchill, British military leader Lord Kitchener and playwright George Bernard Shaw.
5. The Gladstone Library. This opulent space has been restored to its former Victorian splendor and offers one of the finest spaces for a wedding or a special event. It features chandeliers, high ceilings, fireplaces, tiled pillars and some 30,000 replica books elegantly stacked on shelves around the room. A grand marble staircase, detailed woodwork, lavish furnishings and views of the River Thames add to the romantic feel of this unique space.