Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Royal Horseguards Hotel offers unique luxury accommodations in a storied building. Here’s what we love most about this London hotel:
1. The location. The Royal Horseguards Hotel Hotel overlooks the River Thames and is convenient to the London Eye, Whitehall, Trafalgar Square, the West End and London’s main theatre district. The hotel is located near underground and mainline stations, as well.
2. The accommodations. Each guest room at the Forbes Travel Guide Recommended hotel is a luxurious mix of modern amenities and historic Victorian architectural and interior design details. Some rooms offer views of the River Thames and the London Eye. Each bed is outfitted with soft Egyptian cotton bed linens and is equipped with technical amenities such as plasma TVs, iPod docking stations with Bose surround sound and complimentary wireless Internet. Some of the rooms even have separate sleeping quarters from the sitting area.
3. The concierge staff. There’s so much for guests to see and do in central London. The experienced concierge staff is intimately familiar with the hotel and its surrounding area and can assist guests with ordering tickets to popular attractions, theatrical performances, or setting up restaurant reservations, in addition to setting up airport transfers, and taxi and limousine reservations.
4. Afternoon tea. Sip on an extensive selection of delicious, high quality teas in the hotel’s lounge or outdoor terrace, manned by a knowledgeable and professional staff. Tea service includes finger sandwiches, freshly baked scones with homemade preserves, pastries and savory bites. The hotel was recently accredited with membership to the UK Tea Guild and presented with an “Award of Excellence” in the guild’s top London afternoon tea award category.
5. One Whitehall Place. If you’re looking for more than just an overnight stay at this hotel, you can host an elegant wedding, private event or meeting at the luxurious One Whitehall Place overlooking the River Thames and the London Eye. Glittering chandeliers, a grand marble staircase, high ceilings, detailed woodwork and lavish furnishings make up this amazing venue. The largest space is the opulent Gladstone Library, a spacious Victorian-style ballroom, which can accommodate up to 250 people. The beautifully designed Waterloo Suite can host a reception for an intimate group. The catering team has a large menu and staff to accommodate a variety of tastes.