Answers from Our Experts (1)
With the all the California sunshine and creative hotel-hosted activities, kids will have a blast when they stay at Montage Beverly Hills. Here are our picks for the top five best amenities for children:
1. Paintbox. This kids program is almost like having a day camp or school right inside the Five-Star hotel. Every day, kids ages 5 to 12 can participate in themed activities, arts and crafts, and games. Supervised by a friendly staff, children can do everything from learn magic tricks to go on a Wild West scavenger hunt. Half- and full-day sessions are available for $60 and $90, respectively.
2. Children’s Night Out. An extension of Paintbox, this service lets Mom and Dad have a guilt-free date night. Hotel staff will watch your kids from 6 to 10 p.m., feed them dinner and then keep them occupied with games, Wii and movies (with popcorn, of course) while you explore Beverly Hills and Los Angeles for a few hours.
3. The pool. Head up to the roof, where your kids can play in an elevated saline pool tiled with a breathtaking blue mosaic. Little swimmers will love the music playing underwater, while you can take in California sunshine and stunning views of the Hollywood Hills from a chaise lounge.
4. Beverly Canon Gardens. Right next to Montage is a lovely, landscaped green space where your kids can run around and play. While they expend some extra energy, stroll the colonnaded pathways and enjoy the fountains.
5. Holiday activities. The Beverly Hills hotel is a great place for kids to be during holidays. For Easter, there’s face painting and balloon artists, not to mention a visit from the Easter Bunny and two golden Easter egg hunts. Celebrate Christmas for 12 full days with activities like making gingerbread houses and Christmas Eve story time with Santa. On New Year’s Eve, there’s a special kiddie event in the Contessa ballroom with video games, karaoke, arts and crafts and a candy buffet, which will surely be the biggest hit.