A luxurious oasis in Makati
True to its name, Makati Shangri-La, Manila is a luxurious respite from the hustle and bustle of Manila’s business capital.
Once you step foot inside its carpeted floors, you will find yourself faced with a sweeping grand staircase and beautiful live orchestral music that serenades and seduces you to sink into one of the plush chairs and indulge in freshly baked pastries and a warm cup of tea or two.
It’s quiet and relaxing, which makes it a favorite refuge for both locals and tourists looking to get away from the crowds of nearby malls.
Our Inspector’s Highlights
• Located a few steps away from the finest malls and restaurants in metro Manila, it’s a convenient place for tourists to stay and experience the best the city has to offer.
• For Cantonese cuisine, visit Shang Palace. Try to come during lunch to sample its popular unlimited dim sum menu. Inagiku offers a must-try Japanese dining experience.
• Visit Spa at the Shangri-La to try hilot, a traditional Filipino massage that soothes tired bones and muscles.
What to Know
• Spring for a room that gives you Horizon Club benefits, which include an airport escort, a private check-in and checkout in your room, a dedicated Club Concierge who can make travel arrangements and do basic translation services, portable Wi-Fi to use outside of the hotel, and entry into a private lounge.
• Grab a box of chocolate truffles from Sinfully Circles — it’s one of the best in the country.
• The kitchens of the Manila hotel are halal certified.
• All 696 rooms have been recently renovated and fitted with modern creature comforts.
• The 300-thread-count cotton linens and pillow menu ensure a good night’s sleep.
• Modern but still maintaining traditional elegance, accommodations are spacious, measuring 409 to 5,091 square feet.
• Bathrooms are stocked with fragrant L’Occitane toiletries.
• If you need to entertain guests while staying at the hotel, book the Boracay Suite, which features an adjacent living room, kitchen and butler service.
• You mustn’t pass up the chance to enjoy the open theater kitchen buffet at Circles Events Café. Each day of the week highlights a specific cuisine, though the countless choices from different countries are a mainstay. Longtime favorites remain to be the cold seafood and meat carving stations.
• The hotel’s lobby lounge offers an authentic British afternoon tea experience.
• Visit Shang Palace in the afternoon. It’s the only time you can enjoy all-you-can-eat freshly steamed dim sum.