Marrakech's Moorish garden oasis
15 Treatment Rooms
Enveloped in verdant gardens, Le Spa at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech gives you a leafy escape in the heart of an ancient city. The resort stimulates the senses and encourages you to go on an inner journey.
The massive Moorish gardens grow all the herbs needed for both its kitchen and spa. Each of the treatment rooms are named after a locally grown plant, such as saffron, neroli, verbena and eucalyptus.
Two spa pavilions set in the hotel’s magnificent Moorish garden house the 15 treatment rooms. Two separate VIP suites provide privacy for couples and those who want an elevated spa experience.
Indulge in the beneficial warmth of a traditional hammam or enjoy top-notch hair and nail care in the beauty salon. Take advantage of a state-of-the-art gym or hone your Zen with a private yoga session before relaxing in one of the two pools and hot tubs set in the spacious herbal gardens.
Our Inspector’s Highlights
• Redesigned by Marc Vanden Bossche, Le Spa was lightened up with many traditional Moroccan touches, including mosaics, lamps and tons of natural light.
• Nestled in the lush gardens of the resort, soothed by birdsong and flowing water fountains, Le Spa sets the scene for relaxation. A bright lobby is accented with a stunning centerpiece: a chandelier that assembles a cascade of 30 tear-drop-shaped light pendants carved into maillechort.
• While in Marrakech, try the spa’s authentic hammam. For the ultimate indulgence, opt for the three-hour Moroccan Well Being — your skin will feel renewed after being treated with olive-oil-based black soap, a kessa glove exfoliation, a rhassoul mud mask and a personalized facial, all in the comfort of the steamy room.
• After your treatment, stop by the full-service salon for everything from a haircut and color to a mani/pedi and even full-body waxing to help you get ready for a night out in Marrakech.
Things to Know
• Two corridors lead off from reception: one to the male spa, the other to the identical female facility. Each hallway is lined with glass display cases of djellabas, or traditional Berber robes.
• Opt to have your treatment in your room at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech for an additional 40 percent.
• Le Spa’s signature treatment, the Ceremonial Massage, is a head-to-toe relaxation experience featuring the bounty of the resort’s garden. Herbs such as rosemary, mint, lavender and verbena awaken the senses and help to balance your energy levels.
• Try the Argania Massage. A fusion of Middle Eastern and Western techniques, the rubdown uses argan and essential oils to stretch and trigger pressure points.
• For a local experience, sign up for the Moroccan Hammam Ritual. It starts with a steam in the hammam, followed by a kessa glove exfoliation and then a rhassoul clay mask to remove impurities. The ritual ends with a relaxing massage.
• If you just can’t tear yourself away from the sunshine, book a massage in the poolside spa cabana. Here you can choose from a range of tempting 30-minute ila treatments such as the Sun Cooler (for when your skin needs a hydrating refresher) or A Taste of Kundalini (to soothe your nervous system).
• Each of the 15 treatment rooms provides a calming oasis with elegant blue walls, natural light and private terraces enclosed by a green wall where lavender, rosemary, mint, sage, myrtle and other aromatic plants flourish.
• A bright and airy relaxation room helps you unwind using all five senses. Take in your stunning garden surroundings, while enjoying the sound of trickling water as you sip herbal teas and snack on healthy treats like dried fruit and nuts, all while wrapped in your plush robe.
• Both the men’s and women’s areas feature a wet spa with sauna, steam and hammam rooms overlooking the tranquil herb garden through a full-length window.
• At the center of the spa is a round cold plunge pool, surrounded by wooden lattice screens where you can cool down after the heat experiences. Once you have lowered yourself into the cold water, lie back and contemplate the star effect on the ceiling above you.
• The large oblong Jacuzzi has strong jets to pummel tight muscles. There is also a private hammam suite with its own sauna and steam facilities.