Answers from Our Experts (1)
If you’re planning a trip to Martha’s Vineyard and plan on staying at The Charlotte Inn, here are a few things you should know before you go:
1. Cell phones aren’t allowed. That is, except in your guest room. The inn asks that you refrain from using your cell phones on the property, so you don’t disrupt other guests. The tranquil setting of the hotel’s gardens and sitting rooms are best without cell phone noise.
2. No room service. If you’re coming in on a late flight and want to order in, unfortunately you can’t here. The inn actually doesn’t allow food in guest rooms, but there are great restaurants and cafés just about a block away from the inn on Edgartown’s main street.
3. The restaurant just serves breakfast for now. The inn’s restaurant only offers breakfast for the time being, and you can enjoy dining in the romantic dining room or out on the garden patio where you can listen to the birds chirp and the fountains trickle. Until next year, you’ll have to head down the street to get lunch and dinner.
4. No children under 14. Children under the age of 14 are not allowed on the property, as its focus is on giving adults a relaxing getaway, and the property’s design is better suited for adults — kids won’t find much to do here.
5. It’s old-fashioned. The style and décor of the property reflects the Edwardian era. So, you’ll find lots of classic art, long draperies, beds with awnings and canopies and very little advanced technology.