Answers from Our Experts (1)
While some people come to Martha’s Vineyard to rent private homes or estates, there is quite the impressive list of hotels where you can stay. Here are our Forbes Travel Guide editors’ picks for the five best places to check in to:
1. Harborview Hotel and Resort. A tradition for generations of family, the Harbor View Hotel provides timeless comfort in a serene setting overlooking the Edgartown Lighthouse and historic homes from the 19th century.
2. Beach Plum Inn. Located on seven luscious acres overlooking the fishing village of Menemsha, the Beach Plum Inn provides both country-style rooms and cottages.
3. Outermost Inn. Surrounded by the sea and undeveloped landscape, the views from the Outermost Inn are breathtaking. Built originally in 1971, it fashions bright and airy rooms for their guests.
4. Winnetu Oceanside Resort. Right on South Beach in Edgartown, the Winnetu is the perfect summer resort for families, with great programs for all ages.
5. Vineyard Square Hotel and Suites. Located in the center of Edgartown, this hotel is considered “getaway central” because it overlooks the harbor and the historic waterfront district.