A retreat above Melbourne’s casino lights
A luxurious escape tucked away on the third floor of the sprawling Crown Towers complex, Crown Spa Melbourne is softly lit and tastefully decorated.
The reception area overlooks an 82-foot indoor pool where you can swim a few leisurely laps or relax in a reclining lounge chair with a freshly blended juice. Above the pool, a state-of-the-art gym has a personal trainer on hand plus an abundance of natural light.
But it’s through the sophisticated network of treatment rooms that Crown Spa really shines. A team of highly skilled therapists works tirelessly to provide indulgent and effective beauty treatments as well as rejuvenating body wraps, massages and hot stone therapies. And we do mean tirelessly — Crown Spa is open 365 days a year, including Christmas and New Year’s Day.
From the marble vanities to the elegant chandeliers, it offers a delightfully opulent place to unwind.
Our Inspector’s Highlights
• Given that Crown Towers is a casino complex, you might expect the décor at the Melbourne spa to be glitzy and loud. Instead, the muted grays, soft beige and splashes of teal make it a pleasingly tasteful retreat from the bright lights downstairs.
• The service is exceptional, with staff on hand to attend to your needs in a manner that is attentive but never obsequious.
• You are invited into a relaxation lounge before and after treatments to unwind with the latest glossy magazines, complimentary dried fruit and nuts, and soothing herbal teas. Coffee is available for those who need to plunge straight back to reality, and champagne is offered for those who don’t.
• A good facialist is worth her weight in gold, and if your skin goals include plumping, boosting, luminosity and line-smoothing, the exclusive La Prairie facials at Crown Spa will have you looking as if you’ve just returned from a six-month sabbatical.
What to Know
• We recommend making a day of your treatment, with access to the pool and lounge at your leisure. For the ultimate day spa experience, immerse yourself in the sparkling vitality pool, steam room and Swiss shower before your treatment begins.
• There is a seasonal spa menu available if you’re craving a light bite or poolside refreshment. The cuisine on offer includes healthy juices, detox tonics, superfood salads and skin-enriching foods such as smoked salmon and roasted almonds.
• As soon as you enter the luxury spa, you’ll spot the specialized products and beauty treatments displayed like jewels in the shop. Samples are readily provided and in the pool area, swim and active wear from high-end brands like The Upside can be purchased.
• Complimentary four-hour valet parking is included for all one-hour-or-more treatments, excluding in-house guests.
• The luxurious treatments feature innovative La Prairie products and Subtle Energies botanical items. Tailored therapeutic facials address specific skincare concerns while body treatments aim to detoxify and invigorate.
• Try the Rejuvenation package. Hosted in a deluxe suite, you begin with a Rasayana Detox body wrap, including exfoliation and massage, followed by a La Prairie Caviar Lift Facial and concluding with a hair wash and blowout.
• The spa boasts an impressive gentleman’s menu with hydrating facials balanced out by deep-tissue massage, and classic grooming services such as beard trims and hair styling.
• Dr. Tass, one of Australia’s leading cosmetic physicians, launched an exclusive selection of advanced skin and beauty services at Crown Spa. Think anti-wrinkle injections, dermal fillers and non-surgical facial rejuvenation.
• You don’t have to get lucky at the casino below to experience the Midas touch. The Pure Gold Radiance Facial begins with the application of three specially selected masks and concludes with golden drops of La Prairie’s Cellular Radiance Concentrate Pure Gold Serum, a high-performing product that has refined particles of 24-karat gold in it.
• There are both single and double treatment rooms, including a luxurious couple’s suite. This stunning light-filled hideaway has two treatment tables, a private shower, a sauna and a whirlpool tub. Pairs can order room service and enjoy half an hour alone to sip champagne before being joined by their therapists.
• The individual pampering suites can be booked out to accommodate whole parties. They’re extremely popular when it comes to girls night out.