Answers from Our Experts (1)
These words best describe the design style of The Betsy Hotel:
1. Colonial. The property’s façade was influenced by a resurgence of colonial-style architecture in the 1920s. Its straight lines and the long portico running along the front of the hotel are characteristics of that design style.
2. Modern. To contrast with the classic architectural style the guest rooms are decorated with stark white lacquered furniture and bedding with bright accent colors.
3. Relaxed. The Betsy fits right in with it laid-back beach front location. The lobby has ample seating areas for people watching or flipping through one of the many books available in the poetry library.
4. Open. The lobby and BLT Steak restaurant at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel flow into each other with a slatted wall dividing the two areas. A wall of windows also connects the inside to the outside spaces.
5. Coastal. The bright white exterior, large plantation-style shutters, and the potted palms that decorate the lobby all reflect the sunny beach just steps away from the hotel.