Answers from Our Experts (2)
Turnberry Isle Miami is notable for its many amenities, but here’s what we think are the resort’s best:
1. Golfing. Raymond Floyd updated the resort’s two 18-hole PGA championship golf courses, and you’ll definitely enjoy traversing the paspalum fairways, doglegs and impressive water features, which even includes a waterfall.
2. The Laguna Pool. Highlights of the main swimming pool at the Forbes Travel Guide Recommended resort include a lazy river where you can go tubing and a 180-foot winding water slide. You can also splash under the manmade waterfall that cascades into the blue waters.
3. Bourbon Steak. You’ll find tasty burgers and steaks plus an impressive classic cocktail selection at this outpost of Michael Mina’s modern steakhouse, located just off the lobby. The hardest decision there is whether you want your tipple shaken or stirred.
4. The gym. You’ll find a variety of equipment from treadmills and rowing machines to yoga balls and punching bags on the third floor of the Spa & Fitness Center complex. There are also morning spinning and yoga classes, and even an onsite café where you can down a protein shake or coconut water after your workout.
5. The spa. If you’ve indulged in a little too much sunshine at the beach, fret not; you can rejuvenate your skin with a hydrating facial at the hotel’s spa.
You won’t want for much at Turnberry Isle. Between four restaurants, three pools, a full-service spa and 36 holes of golf, you’ll have plenty to keep you occupied while you’re visiting. A few of our favorite amenities include:
1. Complimentary beach shuttle. Turnberry Isle has a private beach located just blocks from the resort. Guests of Turnberry can take a complimentary shuttle to and from the beach daily.
2. Resort fee. The Turnberry Isle daily resort fee includes WiFi throughout the property, coffee and tea in your guest rooms, and tipping throughout the resort (with the exception of restaurants).
3. Spa. The full-service spa at Turnberry Isle is must-visit while you’re here, and one of the resort’s best on-site amenities. There’s a spa gift shop and fitness center in the same area, and each locker room has a sauna, steam room and relaxation area.
4. Chef’s Garden. The Chef’s Garden is open to all guests and a working garden for all the chef’s at Turnberry Isle. On any given day, guests can take a tour through the garden. The fruits, vegetables and herbs grown in the garden are used in the kitchens in Turnberry Isle.
5. Pools. There are three pools at Turnberry Isle. Attached to the family pool is a waterslide for kids and a lazy river for all ages.