Surfside’s luxurious oceanfront retreat
8 Treatment Rooms
The Joseph Dirand-designed Spa at Four Seasons Hotel at The Surf Club in Surfside, Florida, brings together haute décor and luxurious amenities that redefines how to spa. In keeping with the new Four Seasons Hotel at the Surf Club’s personalized approach, wellness services are tailor-made to meet each guest’s individual needs.
Whether you choose an anti-aging facial to ward off wrinkles, the Surf Club personalized massage or a Post-Sun Soother to cool off burned skin with aloe, cucumber and watermelon body tonic, you’ll get ocean views from your light, airy treatment room.
The spa’s prime beachfront location makes it the ideal spot for an escape in a serene enclave.
Our Inspector’s Highlights
• The Surfside spa considers it its responsibility to help connect you with the “stillness in which to retreat.” It’s a phone-free zone and staff will kindly ask you to leave yours at the front desk when you check in. It forces you to unplug and revel in the pampering.
• Spa director Cassandra Forrest carefully curated treatments and products from her 10-plus-year tenure at Four Seasons hotels in Beijing, Maldives and Whistler. She and the staff will happily assist you with crafting your spa experience.
• Internationally inspired massage and body treatments and skin care feature healing rituals and advanced regimens by European-trained specialists and aestheticians.
• Product lines include Elemental Herbology for massages and body treatments, acclaimed French brand Biologique Recherche for body services and facials, and Susanne Kaufmann organic products for facials. Stop by the spa boutique to pick up products used during treatment on your way out to continue the pampering at home.
• All treatments include use of the sauna, steam room and mixed hammam as well as the relaxation areas.
Things to Know
• Come early before your appointment to wind down at the tea lounge and relaxation room with private alcoves, which overlook the ocean and gardens.
• The fitness center and beach and pool facilities are reserved only for hotel guests.
• If you are staying at the hotel, the 2,000-square-foot wellness center offers cardio and strength-training machines, and yoga and Pilates classes alfresco on the perfectly landscaped serenity lawns. The gym is open around the clock and the garden and ocean views will keep you motivated.
• There are two private Spa Cabana Suites just steps away from the water’s edge. Couples can get a customized massage for two, side-by-side. Upgrade it with extra alone time, prosecco and a tropical fruit plate.
• Therapies are globally inspired, from Indian-based Ayurvedic massage and chakra aligning to traditional Chinese detoxifying foot bath and reflexology.
• Try the Traditional Hammam Experience, which combines exfoliation and cleaning, following by a purifying clay mask and body butter. Because it’s Miami, the tropical version uses coconut and orange.
• The Calming Restorative massage is among the most popular, and Forrest highly recommends it. The slow, soothing massage debunks the notion that you need deep tissue work to alleviate stress and tense muscles.
• Gentlemen, there are custom-made facials and a hot stone massage just for you.
• The 15,000-square-foot spa and wellness center brings with it six treatment rooms, two spa cabanas, a Turkish hammam, spa shop and state-of-the-art gym.
• As with the hotel, Joseph Dirand continues the design story here. The spa feels like a beach cabana, and intentionally so. You’ll see the same cool hues, white detailed wood paneling and touches of rattan found throughout the hotel.
• Treatment rooms are brightly sunlit and airy, and done in a palette of crisp white and blue hues, framing the backdrop of sand and sea.
• The Miami spa takes advantage of the hotel’s seaside location with floor-to-ceiling windows that let in ample natural light and ocean views.