Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Forbes Travel Guide Recommended Saint Paul Hotel has been catering to guests for more than 150 years, so there’s plenty to know about this storied property. Here are five things to know before you go:
1. They cater to VIPs. The Saint Paul has played host to everyone from Lawrence Welk to Gene Autry to President John F. Kennedy, and the Ordway Suite is typically the residence of choice for visiting VIPs.
2. The bedding is allergy-friendly. The Saint Paul Hotel uses hypoallergenic pillows and duvets for your added comfort.
3. The St. Paul Grill is great. The St. Paul Grill is your go-to spot for steaks and Scotch. It comes as no surprise that this mahogany-heavy bar and restaurant specializes in two popular classics.
4. If you visit during a holiday be prepared to be pampered. The Saint Paul Hotel hosts lavish brunches for holidays throughout the year, like Mother’s Day, New Year’s Day, and Christmas.
5. The afternoon teas are wildly popular. These two-hour, five-course events take place in the hotel’s elegant lobby and are modeled after an English afternoon tea. You’ll enjoy tea out of antique cups and saucers collected especially for The Saint Paul Hotel’s special tea service.