Answers from Our Experts (1)
Monte Carlo remains one of the most glamorous destinations in Europe, thanks to its harbor filled with larger-than-life yachts, designer shopping and luxury hotels. Here’s Forbes Travel Guide’s take on the five best places to stay in Monte Carlo:
1. Hôtel de Paris. This is one of the world’s most famous hotels and has been for quite some time. Located in Place du Casino and home to one of the best restaurants on the Mediterranean, Le Louis XV – Alain Ducasse, Hôtel de Paris is a place to see and be seen. The rooms are decked out in rich, elegant furnishings — some evoke the classic Empire style, others are from the Belle Époque era.
2. Hôtel Hermitage. From the signature glass dome above the hotel’s Winter Garden to its world-class spa, this spot has been a mainstay in Monte Carlo since it was built in the early 20th century. Guest rooms have an array of lovely views, from the Mediterranean and the harbor to the courtyard and gardens.
3. Monte-Carlo Bay Hotel & Resort. Open between April and October, Monte-Carlo Bay Hotel & Resort is a sister property of both Hôtel de Paris and Hôtel Hermitage. The vibe is that of an exclusive club with its classic décor and French Riviera setting. With 334 rooms, including 22 suites, four restaurants and beautifully landscaped grounds, this is one of the premier resorts in Monte Carlo.
4. Hôtel Metropole. This gorgeous piece of neoclassical architecture also happens to be one of Monaco’s top hotels. Though it’s grand and awe-inspiring, it feels warm and welcoming. Renowned restaurants Joël Robuchon and Yoshi are located within the hotel.
5. Fairmont Monte Carlo. After a $58.6 million renovation, Fairmont Monte Carlo is on par with the best in the principality — and one of the largest, with 602 rooms. Hugging the coast, the luxury hotel is home to two restaurants, an in-house casino, a spa and a stunning rooftop pool.