Answers from Our Experts (1)
During your stay at L’Auberge Carmel, you’ll find many charming amenities to make your time at the historic inn more pleasant. But here are the best:
1. Views. Carmel-by-the-Sea is one of the most beautiful places in the world and a quick peek out your window lets you enjoy it all. Some rooms have long bank of windows that look out over mature oaks with a sliver of blue ocean in the background.
2. Aubergine. We can’t say enough good things about the dining experience at Aubergine, where chef Justin Cogley serves wildly inventive, delicious and beautiful cuisine inspired by the bounties of local oceans and farms.
3. House car. Once you arrive at L’Auberge Carmel and hand over your car keys to the attendant, there’s really no need to drive any more during your stay. The house Mercedes sedan is available for short trips around town or trips to guests at the Monterey Peninsula Airport. The informal service is generally available from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
4. Patio. The hotel’s lovely patio beckons with blooming geraniums and blue lobelia, a gurgling fountain and lots of comfortable outdoor seating. It’s the perfect place to sit and read the newspaper or a novel.
5. In-room goodies. Your room has been thoughtfully stocked with beverages and treats that will come in handy should you get a little hungry or thirsty. Prepare a cup of coffee with the sleek Nespresso machine or pour yourself some cool, purified water from the carafes in the mini refrigerator concealed under the desk. And when hunger strikes, nibble on the sweet and salty mix with peanuts, wasabi peas, toasted seaweed and sesame crunch or some of the salted caramels made by pastry chef. The only problem is that they’ll leave you wanting more.