Answers from Our Experts (1)
You’ll have lots on your mind as you’re planning your trip to Tradewinds Carmel in scenic Carmel-by-the-Sea. Here are some things to know before you arrive:
1. Dress warmly. You can still do some California dreaming and enjoy gorgeous coastal views here in Northern California, but be sure to bring a warm casual coat, scarf and hat, especially in the wintertime. The sun shines, but it’s often around 52 degrees F during the day.
2. King-size rooms have better amenities. This Forbes Travel Guide Recommended hotel’s king rooms come equipped with better amenities, like jetted bathtubs and gas fireplaces, that are absent in rooms with two queen beds.
3. Breakfast is included. You don’t have to worry about going out for breakfast, since Tradewinds serves a generous continental breakfast with a variety of baked goods, cereals and fresh fruit from 8 to 10 a.m. daily.
4. Service is friendly, but relaxed. The front desk clerk happily shared descriptions of several local restaurants and even called around to find us a spot. But you may have to get your own luggage from the room to the car.
5. It’s quiet at night. Carmel-by-the-Sea has a variety of small restaurants and pubs, but it’s not a place known for its nightlife. For that, you may have to drive into Monterey. The luxury hotel is more of a relaxation spot.