Answers from Our Experts (1)
After a day of taking in breathtaking ocean views and exploring the many art galleries and boutiques in Carmel, it’s time to relax in your room at Tradewinds Carmel and use all of the amenities. Here are the best amenities that await:
1. Extras in rooms. We adored details like the fountain by the door, the gas fireplace that turns on with the press of a button and the oversized tub with jets.
2. In-room technology. The complimentary Wi-Fi Internet access with a strong signal made checking email a breeze, and we appreciated the large flat-screen TV, and the Sony Dream Machine by the bed that can wake you up in the morning, play CDs or tune into the radio.
3. Breakfast. Each morning from 8 to 10 a.m., this Forbes Travel Guide recommended hotel puts out a continental breakfast spread that includes bagels, French pastries, fresh sliced pineapple and honeydew melon, organic hard-boiled eggs and yogurt. Beverages included juice, coffee and organic teas by Numi.
4. The garden. The rooms are built around a terraced central courtyard filled with lush tropical greenery, including ferns, flowering maples, Hawaiian ginger, banana trees and sago palms. Spend some time listening to the trickling fountain, admiring the Buddhas or warming up by the fire pit.
5. Complimentary snacks. In your room, you’ll find a sweet welcome amenity: chocolate-dipped strawberries. And if you are still hungry, dig into the complimentary bags of snacks, like pretzels, gummy candies and mixed nuts, on your mini-bar.