Answers from Our Experts (1)
From the upscale Asian-inspired décor to the lush tropical landscaping, there are many things to love about Tradewinds Carmel. Here are the best things about the historic ocean-view inn:
1. Location. Tradewinds is ideally located in the village of Carmel. It’s just outside the busy part of downtown, so it’s quiet. But you’re just a few blocks’ walk to many restaurants and art galleries that Carmel is known for.
2. Décor. The guest rooms at the Forbes Travel Guide Recommended hotel have a refined Asian aesthetic that is carried through in all the details. A trickling bamboo fountain greets you as you step inside the room. Furnishings all are Japanese in style, with grooved cabinets, a vanity-style sink and woven armchairs.
3. Amenities. You’ll find a personal welcome note and a pair of chocolate-dipped strawberries on the café table when you arrive in your room. And if you are still hungry, just open up one of the bags of complimentary nuts, pretzels or gummy candies.
4. Breakfast. A breakfast room near the reception area offers a complimentary and generous continental breakfast that includes a wide variety of fresh fruit, bagels, pastries, yogurt, dried cereal selections, tea and coffee.
5. Landscaping. The terraced courtyard in the center of the Carmel restaurant is a tropical paradise filled with sago palms, elephant ears, flowering ginger and ferns amid fountains, Buddhas in various guises and a fire pit.