Answers from Our Experts (1)
We’re sure lots of descriptive adjectives and phrases will come to mind as you take in the views, the richly detailed rooms and the tropical landscaping at Tradewinds Carmel. Here are the words we’d use to describe the luxury hotel:
1. Asian. From the fu dogs guarding the small lobby to the Buddhas hidden in the garden to the details like woven fabrics, tansu chests and bamboo details in the room, this Forbes Travel Guide Recommended hotel evokes the Far East.
2. Opulent. There’s a rich feeling here, seen in the granite and marble detailing throughout the guest room, the silky Frette linens on the bed and the overall quality of the pieces of furniture in the space.
3. Serene. The guest rooms’ color scheme — white, cream, taupe and brown with occasional accents of rust and green — creates a soothing atmosphere.
4. Comfortable. Rooms have been designed with guests’ comfort in mind. Even the basic rooms are spacious and stocked with complimentary snacks; some even have fireplaces, jetted bathtubs and soft batik-patterned robes you may want to take home.
5. Natural. From the fresh orchid by the door, to the floral prints of fuchsia and clematis to the gorgeous garden or ocean views visible just outside the room, this luxury hotel feels like a tropical escape by the sea.