Answers from Our Experts (1)
Here are some key things you should know before you visit the Blair Hill Inn in the North Woods of Maine.
1. It’s rural. If you fly in to Portland, expect an almost three-hour drive to the property that’s located near the Canadian border.
2. Watch for moose. There’s a very good chance you’ll see wild moose, especially if you book a moose safari, which can be set up through the inn.
3. Book ahead. There are only eight guest rooms at this property and they book up fast during the idyllic summer months.
4. It’s casual. Though the Blair Hill Inn and restaurant are elegant, casual dress is appropriate as most guests are there to hike and enjoy the outdoors.
5. It’s quiet. If you’re looking to get away from the noise, lights, and people of a big city, there’s no better place than the Blair Hill Inn for total relaxation, peace and quiet, and comfort.