Answers from Our Experts (1)
With all the outdoor fun you’ll be having around Moosehead Lake, you’ll need some serious sustenance. Here’s where you can find it.
1. Blair Hill Inn & Restaurant. You can’t beat the views at this waterfront fine-dining restaurant. The five-course menus focus on fresh, seasonal ingredients using the finest local meats and seafood. Open from mid-June through mid-October, allow time before your reservation to watch the sunset from the verandah overlooking Moosehead Lake—you won’t regret it.
2. Kelly’s Landing. This is the go-to spot for locals in between fishing and other outdoor adventures. Grab a beer and relax on the deck, or slide into a booth and chow down on the fisherman’s platter.
3. The Black Frog. This restaurant and pub is located right on the edge of Moosehead Lake, offering beautiful views and a relaxed ambiance that both locals and out-of-towners love. Choose from a range of specialty beers or order something else from the full bar. Dinner here is also a treat—favorite dishes include the Buffalo wings and ribs.
4. The Lodge at Moosehead Lake. One of the best dining experiences in the area, the restaurant inside the lodge features fresh and local ingredients in chowder, stuffed trout, Maine crab cakes and other dishes. Plan to stay for a drink at Chloe’s Pub.
5. Greenville Inn. Choose from two different rooms when you make a reservation at the Victorian inn. The first, the Shaw Room, features fireside dining; the second, the Parlor Room, offers Victorian-style elegance. But no matter where you sit, the stunning views of Moosehead Lake are the same. Dishes include pork tenderloin with braised pork belly and potato galette in a chestnut jus.