Answers from Our Experts (1)
Munich boasts numerous fine-dining establishments, along with seemingly endless beer halls. Here are the top five Munich restaurants Forbes Travel Guide recommends:
1. Tantris. Widely considered one of the best restaurants in Germany, Tantris offers daily changing five- and eight-course tasting menus, plus you can also order à la carte. For the ultimate dining experience, pair your dishes with wines selected by the talented sommelier.
2. Königshof. The award-winning restaurant, located in the luxury hotel of the same name, impresses with French- and Japanese-influenced dishes like char with avocado, baked elderflower and buttermilk, and John Dory with mussels and bell peppers, along with a fabulous wine list. Choose between two tasting menus or order à la carte.
3. Dallmayr. Dallmayr is Germany’s most famous delicatessen, dating back to the 1700s. Though you’ll first find yourself entranced by all the food on display, we recommend heading upstairs to Restaurant Dallmayr to try some of the top-rated French-influenced German cuisine.
4. Schuhbecks in den Südtiroler Stuben. Run by Munich celebrity chef Alfons Schuhbeck, this restaurant features upscale versions of traditional Alpine dishes.
5. Ederer. A renowned restaurant serving food prepared mainly from organic ingredients, Ederer specializes in Bavarian cuisine with a French twist in an elegant setting.