Answers from Our Experts (1)
White Elephant Village is full of special amenities that invite you to both relax in your guest room and enjoy all that Nantucket has to offer. Here are our favorite amenities at the inn and residences:
1. Pre-arrival concierge. The friendly staff of White Elephant Village begins taking care of you before you step foot on the island. After you make a reservation at the hotel, the pre-arrival concierge will contact you to tend to your entire vacation itinerary, from transportation and restaurant reservations to excursions and festival tickets. Depending on your interests, he or she may recommend a spa treatment, a four-wheeling adventure or a whale-watching trip. The pre-arrival concierge — a perk at all Nantucket Island Resorts hotels — can also help with party planning and can arrange for provisioning your residence with food and wine so you can skip the grocery lines.
2. Private pool. White Elephant Village’s heated, kid-friendly, outdoor pool — exclusive to hotel guests — is a wonderful alternative to hitting the beach (though the Nantucket hotel provides portable beach chairs, too). A lifeguard is always on duty during pool hours, and kids can help themselves to games (including life-size Jenga), floating noodles and boogie boards. Adults can grab a complimentary book and settle into a comfortable, cushioned lounge chair. Pool amenities include first-come, first-served cabanas; fruit-infused water; and a snack bar that serves free treats, such as mini-smoothies, every hour. There’s also poolside ice cream for the kids every day at 3 p.m.
3. Courtesy cars. A chauffeur and a BMW sedan are on call to whisk you into town whenever you’d like, and White Elephant Village vans will shuttle you to the nearby ferry docks or beaches. But if you’d like your own house car, book a three-bedroom residence — these accommodations come with your very own BMW X5 sports activity vehicle for the duration of your vacation.
4. Complimentary bicycles. You don’t have to worry about renting a bike when you stay at White Elephant Village. There’s a fleet of bicycles at the ready, and between Nantucket’s extensive network of bike paths and the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel’s proximity to the town of Nantucket, you’ll be able to pedal anywhere you’d like to go.
5. Lobby perks. The lobby at White Elephant Village — which, with its modern beach-house decor and beautiful art pieces, feels more like a friend’s foyer — is a delightful place to spend some time. Every morning, complimentary coffee, espresso, tea and pastries (muffins, Danishes and scones) are served; in late afternoon, gratis cheese and port are available for sipping here or on the expansive front porch. Kids are catered to as well, with a bowl of lollipops by the elevator, and mom and dad will love the adjacent boutique, which brings hotel gift shops to new levels with its luxe White Elephant-branded wares.