Answers from Our Experts (1)
Here are some good things to know about Lucy Restaurant and Bar, the eatery inside Bardessono Hotel and Spa:
1. Lucy is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast is a lovely affair with fresh ingredients. We recommend the Napa Valley Breakfast, which includes organic yogurt, fresh fruit, cheese and cured meats, breads and preserves and lots more. The very large breakfast is presented on a wood board and is more than enough for two people to share. Lunch and dinner both offer a variety of farm-fresh dishes, seafood and meats. The Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant offers both a chef’s tasting menu and à la carte items for dinner. Brunch is served on Saturday and Sunday from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
2. Head to Lucy’s for its Sunday Supper. In addition to the regular dinner menu, this weekly event offers a four-course prix fixe alternative for $45 ($65 with wine pairings). The supper features rotate, but a recent menu served plum soup with shiso oil and lemon verbena; king salmon with white beets, baby carrots, peppers red corn, sunchokes and basil-red-wine vinaigrette; chicken with squash, wild mushrooms, baby leeks, red kale, Yukon potato purée and a brioche napoleon dessert with strawberry jam, rhubarb and basil oil
3. The restaurant uses an onsite garden for many of its ingredients and also has partnerships with many top local farms. You can ask for a tour of its gardens and even arrange for a private dinner there.
4. The dress code is casual. You still want to look chic and put together when dining at Lucy, but the dress code is more relaxed here. Men can leave the ties and jackets in their hotel rooms, while women will be comfortable in sportswear.
5. If the weather permits, snag one of the popular alfresco tables. The patio is a great place to dine — nothing beats a glass of local wine while sitting under the stars.