Answers from Our Experts (1)
No vacation would be complete without a proper food experience. Here’s our list for the five best in Naples:
1. Steak at The Ritz-Carlton, Naples. For a quintessential steak dinner, try the Grill at the Ritz-Carlton, Naples. The live piano music and working fireplace set just the right mood to linger over dinner, immersed in conversation with the company you keep.
2. Sale e Pepe. If you’re craving an Italian feast, try Sale e Pepe. The dining room features aged stone, marble floors and hand-painted frescoes, in addition to its sweeping view of the Gulf of Mexico. You’ll discover a Piemontese-oriented menu — a northern Italian cuisine with French influences — topped off with signature dishes from many of Italy’s distinctive regions.
3. Sea Salt. Gather eight or nine of your friends and reserve the Chef’s Table at Sea Salt. When you do, you’ll dine on a special menu created just for you, paired with the perfect wines selected by the sommelier. The restaurant is inspired by its location near the water, so expect to find plenty of seafood and its accompaniments.
4. Café Lurcat. Sophisticated American comfort food is on the menu at Café Lurcat, all created with fresh, seasonal, artisanal ingredients. Choose from dishes such as pappardelle with braised veal, shell peas and summer squash or seared Ahi with lemon confit and ponzu.
5. Stone crab claws. Stone crab claws are a delicacy, and are only available in season, October 15 through May 15. Many local restaurants offer the crab claws, which are delicious when served simply with drawn butter. Try Pincher’s Crab Shack.