Answers from Our Experts (1)
The best amenities at Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC are:
1. Plunge Bar and Lounge. Perched high above the Meatpacking streets on the hotel’s rooftop, Plunge is comfortable and quiet during the day, and trendy, energetic and sleek when the sun sets. With a long list of housemade cocktails such as the grapefruit Cosmo (Belvedere grapefruit vodka, triple sec, grapefruit juice, lemon juice and cranberry juice) alongside Asian-inspired bites and, in the evening hours, live music from an onsite DJ, Plunge is everything you want in a rooftop bar, complete with retractable roof and sweeping city views.
2. The fitness center. Separated from its sister spa by a small retail shop featuring a variety of Exhale- and Core Fusion-branded athletic attire, the fitness facilities at Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC are spacious and convenient. With Life Fitness elliptical machines, treadmills, weight-training apparatuses and more as well as stacks of fresh hand towels and a chilled water cooler, Exhale Fitness and Spa offers a great space to stay in shape while away from home; and if you need some extra motivation, the gym’s signature Core Fusion classes, focusing on mind and body alike, will push you to work harder than you normally would when working out alone.
3. Lobby Bar. The perfect low-key alternative to the sleek and popular Plunge Bar and Lounge upstairs, the Forbes Travel Guide Recommended hotel's Lobby Bar is comfortable and approachable. Featuring a pool table, attractively understated armchairs and the graciously high ceilings of the hotel’s lobby, this bar area is an ideal place to stop off for a quick drink or game of pool before heading out on the town for the night.
4. Exhale’s spa facilities. Just across the retail shop from its fitness center, the spa and adjacent locker room are sure to enhance your New York City stay. With body treatments such as massages and salon appointments such as manicures and pedicures, you’ll ensure a state of relaxation and will be well-groomed while staying on the property; and with locker rooms featuring marble-walled showers, hair dryers, bath amenities and external sauna, steam room and soaking tubs in a nearby lounge, you’ll forget the hustle and bustle of the streets above in no time.
5. Meeting spaces and capabilities. In town for a conference or planning an event? The boutique hotel has a variety of spaces and options throughout the property to accommodate whatever your needs may be, from a corporate boardroom with a capacity of up to 16 guests to a private area of adjustable size within Plunge Bar and Lounge. With a quick call to the hotel’s concierge, the friendly staff here will be happy to help you examine your options and begin planning for the special occasion.