Answers from Our Experts (1)
Although there are many things to love about staying at Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC, we have narrowed the list down to our favorites.
1. The fun location. Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC is located in the perfect place for fun — surrounded by some of the city’s hottest nightclubs and most popular eateries such as Pastis and Serafina, staying in the Meatpacking District is an ideal way to experience the city if you’re looking to go out, have delicious food and dance the night away.
2. Plunge Bar and Lounge. The rooftop bar at the Forbes Travel Guide Recommended hotel, Plunge, combines a relaxing poolside ambience with an energetic and trendy late-night scene. During the day, sip on handcrafted cocktails such as the Penthouse Chill (Hangar 1 vodka, sparkling wine, muddled grapes and fresh lemon juice) and satiate your hunger with Asian-inspired bites including edamame and a variety of sushi rolls; at night, put on your New York City finest and head up to this packed bar for loud music spun by a live, in-house DJ while mingling and reveling in the fresh air high above the city streets.
3. The rooftop pool. Located just through glass doors from Plunge, the luxury hotel’s rooftop pool is a special treat in Manhattan, where pools and outdoor space are at a premium. Open to hotel guests only, the pool offers an ideal place for a quiet moment or respite from the busy city, and with a lifeguard on duty during the day, complimentary sunblock and lots of plush white and blue towels available for your use, you’ll want for nothing while taking time to relax waterside and work on your tan.
4. Lobby Bar. Looking to grab a quick glass of wine before heading out for the night or going up to your room to turn in? The hotel’s smaller, more low-key Lobby Bar offers just that — with a number of comfortable leather couches, a brass-encased pool table and easily accessible bartenders, this ground-floor watering hole is approachable and convenient.
5. Exhale Fitness and Spa. Sitting on the lower lobby of the boutique hotel, Exhale Fitness and Spa is a wonderful addition to the Gansevoort property. With a top-notch exercise facility featuring Life Fitness cardio and strength-training machines, an array of signature Core Fusion fitness classes and small athletic gear store, Exhale Fitness and Spa will help you stay in shape while visiting the city; and if you’re sore after a long workout, the spa is a perfect place to unwind in one of two soaking tubs or the sauna before a soothing hourlong Swedish massage.