Answers from Our Experts (1)
There are so many amenities at Gramercy Park Hotel, the 185-room property in upscale Gramercy neighborhood that it’s hard to pick its best amenities. After much deliberation, though, we were able to narrow it down to a handful of posh extras:
1. The art collection. Whether it’s framed photographs from the esteemed Magnum collection in the guest rooms or the rotating works of art in the lobby by renowned artists like Andy Warhol, Fernando Botero or Damien Hirst, we love the relaxed, museum-like quality of the New York City hotel.
2. Gramercy Terrace. Be it for a casual breakfast, morning meeting or business lunch, this rooftop dining venue is stunning with its string of lights, wooden trellis and relaxed setting — the market-driven food is just a bonus.
3. Rose Bar. Access to this popular lounge after 10 p.m. is something many New Yorkers would gladly bribe you for, but, as a guest of the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel, you simply need to give the concierge your name and you and your entourage have access whenever you’d like.
4. The bar. While the intimate Jade Bar is a stunner, the impressive crystal stemware-filled bar in your room — back lighting helps set the Mad Men-like mood — is the place we really like to show off to visitors.
5. The closets. The spacious walk-in closet is exquisite. We had more than enough space to hang our clothing, try on outfits and check things out in the full-length mirror hanging behind the door.