Answers from Our Experts (1)
After our most recent stay at The Iroquois New York, we came up with a list of the things we like best about the boutique hotel:
1. Triomphe restaurant. While it does have irregular hours, this intimate French restaurant is a great place to start your day with a hearty gourmet breakfast (like the eggs Florentine) or finish it with a relaxing dinner (butter-poached Maine lobster with cauliflower risotto and romanesco).
2. Lantern’s Keep. You may need a reservation to get a marble-topped table at this tiny cocktail bar that focuses on freshly made, exotic drinks, but the libations are worth the wait. Try the unusual Jungle Bird, with blackstrap rum, Campari, pineapple and lime.
3. Finnish sauna. Fair warning: You might blow off your workout entirely and spend an hour in the wood-lined sauna inside the Forbes Travel Guide Recommended hotel's gym.
4. Concierge. In a neighborhood overflowing with chain restaurants and shops, the expert concierge knows all the tucked-away bistros and last-minute Broadway ticket outlets to make sure your trip to New York is one of a kind.
5. Bathrooms. Midtown Manhattan hotels are known for having tiny bathrooms. However, you’ll find plenty of space and even bathtubs the marble-filled bathroom.