Answers from Our Experts (1)
New Yorkers like to be in the know, and you should be, too, especially when it comes to The NoMad Hotel. Here are five things you should know about the charming hotel.
1. The name. NoMad is an abbreviation for “North of Madison Avenue,” which is the hotel’s location. It’s also a fun play on the word “nomad,” a nod to the worldliness of the guests who cycle through this Bohemian boutique hotel.
2. The guests. The majority of the guests and visitors here are well-traveled, young and stylish. The Forbes Travel Guide Recommended hotel's restaurants and bars draw crowds, but if it’s solitude you’re after, just retreat to one of the spacious guest rooms and take a soak in the oversized claw-foot tubs.
3. The rooms. A Grande or Atelier-style room features the aforementioned claw-foots with views overlooking the city. All of the rooms are streamlined with classic, Parisian-inspired design and comfortable duvet-topped beds.
4. Atrium. The bar and restaurant on the main lobby go by the same name and neither one is to be missed for cocktails, breakfast or dinner.
5. The mini-bar. The New York City hotel’s mini-bar goes way beyond peanuts and sodas — you’ll find a steamer trunk stocked with a scented candle, rosewater spray and organic snacks.