Answers from Our Experts (2)
You won’t have to leave the kids at home if you stay at The Peninsula New York. Despite its reputation as an upscale, Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel, The Peninsula caters to the kiddie crowd as well with child-friendly cuisine and activities. For a snapshot of what the hotel has to offer, here’s our list of the five best amenities for children:
1. Looking forward to an afternoon tea at the Gotham Lounge? Bring your kids along to partake in the afternoon tradition. The intimate, fashionable restaurant offers a popular children’s tea service for $27, tweaking the menu to include favorites like chicken fingers, peanut butter and jelly or grilled cheese sandwiches, mini cupcakes and a fruit parfait. Instead of tea, they’ll sip a delectable hot chocolate created by Jacques Torres, one of the best pastry chefs in the world.
2. The 24-hour room service will suit your youngster’s palate just fine: a fun corn-flake-crusted brioche French toast with cherry compote makes breakfast easy, and burgers and mac and cheese mean dinner won’t be a struggle. There are also kiddie cocktails, such as the Spider Man, made with ginger ale, cranberry and orange juices with a chocolate and cherry net spread over the glass.
3. Young children will delight at seeing the hotel’s mascot, Peter the Bear, who dresses up and takes pictures with kids. If your tyke falls in love with the mascot, the luxury hotel also offers signature Peter the Bear stuffed animals dressed in a white bellhop uniform, which make for cuddly souvenirs.
4. Older kids can stay busy in their rooms with a variety of toys and games, including Wii, PlayStation, board games, stuffed animals, children’s books and DVDs. For bath time, children receive special bathrobes and slippers as well as fun bubble bath supplies.
5. Enroll your children in the luxury hotel’s Kids’ Academy, which will take them on tours of New York through the Fast Forward NYC Fun program. If your child enjoys playing in the kitchen, he or she will love the program’s interactive culinary class with the hotel’s pastry chef. It’s an opportunity your little one will only find at The Peninsula New York.
We offer a variety of amenities for children of all ages. Our Peninsula Kids folder, which is updated seasonally, is a compilation of information catering to our younger guests. It includes a variety of activities and New York City attractions that appeal to kids. It lists stores, restaurants, and Broadway shows that all cater to younger clientele. In addition, children receive child-sized robes and slippers and a special welcome amentity.